Well, a lot has happened since my last update. Maybe not though, who knows? The biggest news is that I got a new job. I work for the Southfield Public library, and it is very exciting. It's been so long since I had a job that wasn't the pool store that I didn't know how to handle the responsibilities and work protocol. The place still seems pretty laid back, my boss is pretty cool, but I still feel like I'm going to have to maintain the line of command. It's no big deal really, it's just something I haven't done for awhile.
School is going along rather nicely. Maybe I'm only saying that because I am pretty much done for the semester. I turned in my last paper on Monday and now I'm in the final stages of getting a group project complete. After that, I only have to show up for class and enjoy the last lectures of my first semester as a graduate student. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Maybe it's because I'm in the intro level classes or maybe because I still surprise myself with how smart I am and can be in situations that need it. I don't mean to sound vain, but if this is graduate school I am not challenged. Hopefully next semester is a little more difficult because I'm sick of being able to do the work, I wanted to be done with that in undergrad. I guess we'll see what happens.
As for as everything else, it's kinda just there. I don't really do many things apart from school these days. I occasionally hang out with friends when they feel it fits into their schedule. I see the fiancee every so often and things are good on that front. I still watch movies on a regular basis and try to get a good showcase of all the talent that the world of cinema has to offer. Working at the library has made it so I can get movies there with no stipulations. That, and my Netflix, will mean I can watch the movies I want to watch twice as fast. I get one from here, the other from there, it shall be the end of me I'm sure. The library has a pretty solid collection from what I can tell from my searching. I don't know what the library is talking about, these are all the benefits I need.
It's crazy that it's already December. I can still remember going to orientation like it was so recent. That memory seems so fresh that I can't believe it happened in August. Four months isn't that long, but it feels like it sometimes. The snow is starting to come down and soon it will be a new year. A new year that will bring many new things. It will mark the first official time that Christine and I move in with each other. It will also be my 25th birthday, alive for a quarter century. I know I've accomplished more than a lot of people will ever do, but I still feel that I haven't done enough. It's hard to do anything when you're too busy gaining the skills and knowledge for a career. I make people happy, I make them laugh. I know I'm important. I just feel that there is more I could be doing than what I am doing now. I guess I'll have to start the new year with a vengeance.
So, a job in an economy that's in the toilet. In the process of getting a masters degree. Happily engaged and moving in with the fiancee. Seems like there is a lot going in my life. In time, all of these things will change, but they will change into something better. A real job as a librarian, masters degree in a frame, happily married. Who knows, maybe I'll just be crazy enough to start a PhD program, but I'm not that crazy. Not yet at least.
No comments:
Post a Comment